Pearl Jam review by Pearl Jam

• Released: May 2, 2006
Pearl Jam: Pearl Jam

Pearl Jam was released May 2, 2006 and it is a great Pearl Jam album. It's hit song World Wide Suicide is a great song. The guitars on this album rock as well. This album starts out with a really good song called Life Wasted. Life Wasted has a great guitar riff which will remind you of Pearl Jam in the early '90s. Then right after Life Wasted comes another great song which is none other then World Wide Suicide. Then the next three song Comatose, Severed Hand, and Marker in the Sand are also really good but average Pearl Jam songs. Then comes a slower song called Parachutes. Parachutes is a very good slow/mellow song that I really like. After Parachutes comes Unemployable. Unemployable is also a really good song with really good guitars and drums in it. Then comes Big Wave which is a hard rockin surfer song talking about catch a huge wave and riding it. After Big Wave comes Gone which is another slow song but it gets good at the end so I like it. Then comes Wasted Reprise which is only 53 seconds and it is different music but just the chorus for Life Wasted. After that is a very cool song called Army Reserve which has a very cool opening riff. Then comes a song called Come Back which is alright and good drum beat also. Then the album closes with Inside Job. Inside Job is a great song and a great way to close this great album.

The lyrics just might be the highlight of this album. Parachutes, Come Back, Unemployable, Marker in the Sand, and a lot more have some really good lyrics. World Wide Suicide and Life Wasted have intresting lyrics. Eddie Vedder writes most of the songs. But Mike writes Inside Job. Most of the lyrics are about Government stuff. But some people don't really care what the lyrics say some people like me just listen to the songs because they rock out because Pearl Jam is awesome.

This album is some great Pearl Jam material. World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, and Unemployable are my favorites. Parachutes and Gone are acustic and slow but they still are great. Songs like Big Wave, Cometose, Served Hand, and Marker in the Sand just rock out. Army Reserve is a cool song. Inside Job and Come Back are very good song. The only song I don't like is Wasted Reprise because it is only like 50 seconds long. The only thing I was disapointed by was how short the album is, it's only 50 minutes long. I want more Pearl Jam. This is a great album buy it.