Pearl Jam review by Pearl Jam

• Released: May 2, 2006
Pearl Jam: Pearl Jam

Well I decided to buy this album when reading one of the reviews here on UG. And I have to say is I completely agree. One of their best albums in my opinion. On this album there is a vast range of sounds from the urgency of Life Wasted and Worldwide Suicide to slow acoustic songs like Parachutes and Gone.

Lyrics are great. Not as good as they were on Ten but I doubt any of their efforts will ever beat Ten so I'll stop comparing this album to Ten. The lyrics suit the music especially with the way Eddie Veder sings them. I've always loved Eddie Veders voice it just intrigues me. His voice fits in very well along with Mike McCready and Stone Gossard's guitars.

Overall this is a great album. I've always thought that Pearl Jam were one of the best of the best grunge bands around just beaten by Nirvana. Well Mike McCready definetly knows his way around a guitar, and is much better than any grunge guitarist who usually stick with the DIY approach to guitar. If this album was stolen I'd find the guy who stole beat the crap out him take it back and sleep with it under my pillow just incase anyone ever tryed to steal it again.

BullonParade
    i thought this album was good, but its nowhere near as good as ten or Vs, they have a while yet.
    Deliriumbassist
    DaBlackE wrote: Is this that new band from Seattle?
    I really hope you are kidding. Pearl Jam have been around since I was in nappies (early 1990's)... pffft, ignorance....
    mrshock13
    I dont know why everyone is trying to compare this to Ten. Ten sounds the most different when you compare all 8 studio albums, just because they left that complete grunge feeling after that first album, and did a bit more with each album involving lyrics and more involved guitars, etc. And Pearl Jam never went anywhere, their past 2 albums just lost appeal to people, the albums we'rent that bad. Anyways, yeah, this album is truly amazing, there isnt a bad track on it. Brilliant, truly brilliant lyrics and the music is just as amazing. their concert for this album also rocked!!
    fender_mustang7
    this album rocks. i picked up this album and stadium arcadium by rhcp and i chose this one because i knew that it was going to be way better than the rhcp album. and i was right. Pearl Jam rocks!!