Ten review by Pearl Jam

• Released: Aug 27, 1991
Pearl Jam: Ten

If anything, Pearl Jam has to be the definite sound of grunge during the 90's. If only Pearl Jam were slightly more known, then their musical influence would change forever - the fact that they stopped making video's and are the only grunge band to survive makes them a legend. The guitars of McCready and Stone Gossard are natural and very rythmetic. Everyone should agree with me when I say McCready's solo's are sweet and are one of a kind. The sound convey's so much emotion - in fact, it's hardly funny. Definitely the sound of grunge.

I would crazy not to give this a 5. Eddie Vedder's lyrics are pure genius. It's not so very often you get to hear such heart felt lyrics as Pearl Jam. Eddie had a painful childhood and the way he sings so powerfully and emotionally to the sweet rhythms and solo's is unmistakable. For example, the track, Alive is about how his father wasn't his father at all. His real father, was apparently a family friend. Alive is about incest, anger and sadness.

I don't care what you are, who you are, what you do, you cannot deny that Ten is a great record. Easily the best Grunge album of the 90's.