Ten review by Pearl Jam

• Released: Aug 27, 1991
Pearl Jam: Ten

Pearl Jam is one of my favorite bands. And I personally think Ten is their best album. Compared to Nevermind, Ten loses, but to any other rock album of the '90s, it wins. Pearl Jam grew from the break up of Mother Love Bone, and it was worth every bit of it. Eddie Vedder is an amazing vocalist/songwriter. Mike McCready, influenced by Jimi Hendrix (who is a f--king beast) and Stevie Ray Vaughan (another beast), is an amazing lead guitarist. Buy this album. Now.

Eddie Vedder, influenced by Jim Morrison (a god), is an incredible songwriter and vocalist. His most powerful lyrics are on "Jeremy" and "Alive." He recently put out his first solo album, a soundtrack for Into the Wild, one of my favorite books, and he definitely but not literally met the man everyone once knew as Chris McCandless (a great man.) He (McCandless) died before I was born, just as Kurt Cobain (my main hero) died 13 days before I was born. Anyway, Mike found a way to make his guitar seem like the best work of the '90s. He's definitely not my favorite, but he rocks. The rest of the band rocks too.

Nirvana would crush Pearl Jam in a contest to see who wins Band of the '90s, but Pearl Jam still rocks more than any other band of the '90s. Best songs from the album: 1. Even Flow; 2. Alive; 3. Jeremy; 4.Black; 5. Once. I love Eddie Vedder's emotion in his songs, and I have all the Ten songs I need. This band rocks.

areese82
    Great album. Every time I listen to it I'm reminded of how awesome this band once was.