Immersion review by Pendulum

• Released: May 24, 2010
Pendulum: Immersion

Immersion by Pendulum is one of the finest combinations of Rock and Drum n Bass to have ever been released. The album showcases a variety of melodic synth lines, catchy guitar riffs and punchy vocals by Rob Swire all tied together by a distinct d'n'b drum pattern. Featured on the album are "In Flames" on the track, "Self vs Self", Steve Willis from "Dream Theater" on "The Fountain" and Liam Howlett from "The Prodigy" on the track "Immunize". The sound of the album is a quite fat but vibrant bass heavy sound which is quite common throughout the drum n bass genre.

The lyrics are quite nice to listen to but are sometimes a bit hard to grasp the deeper meaning behind. Rob Swires voice sounds brilliant in this recording, however this may be due to heavy stacking and studio effects.

Overall, this is a great album. I never get tired of listening to it - I always skip the second track because the synth line has an annoying feel to it. The most impressive songs on the album are: "Witchcraft" because of its amazing synth line in the first break; "Watercolour" because I love the vocals and "Self vs Self" because its a slightly different take on drum n bass, slightly heavier more metal. I would definitely recommend this album to anyone (and have) and in fact, if I lost the album, I'd be running back to buy it again!

elijt
    self vs self was amazing, coming from someone who doesn't even listen to metal. Other than that Set Me On Fire was an interesting take on the brostep trend, and The Island Pt. II was a really solid electro-house track. Pales in comparison to Hold Your Colour.
    Zacmegaga
    i totally said the wrong thing, its steve wilson from porkupine tree. This is why you should be able to edit reviews.