Phantom Planet review by Phantom Planet

• Released: Jan 6, 2004
Phantom Planet: Phantom Planet

Phantom Planet is an alternative rock band except for the fact that it's good. The sound is perfect for people who love rock music but don't necessarily like the dark and violent lyrics that have become to common in the genre. If you like Jet, Franz Ferdinand, Muse, or Led Zepplin you'll love this band. They also use the bass guitar very effectively. PP's bass guitarist is probably one of the best I've heard.

The lyrics are absolutely fantastic. They aren't dark or violent, but they're not too soft. Phantom Planet's lead singer is great. Unlike bands like The Darkness, Rush, GN'R, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Audioslave this band's singer isn't hard to sing with (he isn't to high or dosen't make you scream yourself hoarse).

This album was the best $8.72 I ever spent. I love every song. The one dislike I have about it is there weren't enough guitar solos (there are some though). The song Knowitall is now one of my all-time favorites. Which means it's up there with Free Bird, Stairway To Heaven, Back In Black, and Seven Nation Army. I bought this album on the same day as The White Stripe's Elephant and Guns N'Roses Greatest Hits and out of the three Phantom Planet is my favorite. It's the perfect album to play in the summer in a convertible or with the sunroof down. If I had enough money I'd buy everyone in the world this CD. Seriously, it's that good. Buy it now!

adslam3
    another perfect cd from the boys of phantom planet. ive been listening to them since the late nineties when they put out "phantom planet is missing"
    fargo
    i love this cd. whoever did the review has a bad taste in other music though. dont get me wrong, i love Led Zeppelin and kinda those others. but seriously dude, those are just the songs you here on the radio.