Round Room review by Phish

• Released: Dec 10, 2002
Phish: Round Room

Phish's final album is very mellow and relaxed but it has its heavier points in songs like 46 Days and certain points of Pebbles and Marbles. There are some pretty cool effects on this album like the beginning to Round Room and in Waves. The sound is very genuine in this album. The percussion is brought out very well in songs like Seven Below and 46 Days.

Just like in most Phish albums, most of the songs have random lyrics but it does not effect the incredible talent of this band. However there are some songs that have some great imagery in their lyrics such as All Of These Dreams. As most Phish fans know, Trey is not known for his vocal abilities, however there is something about his voice that is very soothing and helps add to the relaxing atmosphere of this album.

Overall this is an incredible album that really gives Phish a strong exit to their unbelievable career. My favorite songs on this album are Seven Below, All Of These Dreams and Round Room. If this album were lost of stolen I would immediatly go out and buy it again.

Bartholomew
    Good review, I agree with what you say (I actualy kind of like the candidness of the album). But it wasn't their last album; that was Undermind.