The Lack Long After review by Pianos Become Teeth

• Released: Nov 1, 2011
Pianos Become Teeth: The Lack Long After

The sound on this album is great, compared to previous Pianos Become Teeth records this has a more uplifting sound to it without losing that frantic chaotic edge they have. The sound of this record really reminds me off this years Touche Amore album "Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me", it just captures the core element of 90's screamo and with some post-rock/experimental instrumentals and more than usually spoken word verses that you would see off a La Dispute album.

The lyrics on this album are incredibly deep with a strong sense of sorrow and hopelessness on some songs for example on the track "Spine" it is about a loved one in the hospital and it gets extremely emotional and not in a sappy cliche emo way, it is a sincerely sad song. The vocals are great on this album I have always love the singers raspy panic like voice that you would get from a sludge metal incorporated 90s screamo band.

Overall this album is outstanding and a great follow up to "Old Pride", they play music how I like it, frantic, chaotic, fast, slow, truthfully and aggressively. I am ordering a hard copy maybe vinyl, I would recommend this for anyone who is into bands like La Dispute, Touche Amore, We Were Skeletons and The Saddest Landscape. I hope you enjoy my reviews I try to stick to this underground hardcore type of music with my reviews and when new albums come out I will surely be reviewing them.

Disturbed_EMG
    I remember seeing these guys show up on a blogspot the other day, and after seeing this review here, I looked them up. This is incredible. I feel so much emotion in this. There are so many bands playing this sound, but these guys have really hit home more than any other for me. Thank you for helping me stumble across such a great band.
    blake1221
    Could have dropped the review whoring at the end of the review, and I don't see the Touch Amor connection, but pretty decent review. This album was fantastic, definitely my album of the year.
    Amuro Jay
    Quality band. All of their material is amazing. I've yet to hear this whole album, but the songs I've heard so far have been fantastic.