The Lack Long After Review

9.3
 8.8
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
The Lack Long After Reviewed by: Cloudkicker, on november 03, 2011

Sound: The sound on this album is great, compared to previous Pianos Become Teeth records this has a more uplifting sound to it without losing that frantic chaotic edge they have. The sound of this record really reminds me off this years Touche Amore album "Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me", it just captures the core element of 90's screamo and with some post-rock/experimental instrumentals and more than usually spoken word verses that you would see off a La Dispute album. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are incredibly deep with a strong sense of sorrow and hopelessness on some songs for example on the track "Spine" it is about a loved one in the hospital and it gets extremely emotional and not in a sappy cliche emo way, it is a sincerely sad song. The vocals are great on this album I have always love the singers raspy panic like voice that you would get from a sludge metal incorporated 90s screamo band. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this album is outstanding and a great follow up to "Old Pride", they play music how I like it, frantic, chaotic, fast, slow, truthfully and aggressively. I am ordering a hard copy maybe vinyl, I would recommend this for anyone who is into bands like La Dispute, Touche Amore, We Were Skeletons and The Saddest Landscape. I hope you enjoy my reviews I try to stick to this underground hardcore type of music with my reviews and when new albums come out I will surely be reviewing them. // 9

Comments