A Flair For The Dramatic review by Pierce the Veil

• Released: Jun 26, 2007
Pierce the Veil: A Flair For The Dramatic

I think Pierce The Veil has a great kind of music, and sounds quite cool. You'll be hearing the high and sweet voice of Vic Fuentes, cool pop rhythm music and awesome lead stuff, and great drumworks. The first song I heard from them is Currents Convulsive, and I can say that it was terribly cool! Awesome intro, then machinegun drumrolls, back-uped by Vic's sweet voice:"Congratulations!" It was very cool. I wanted to dance when I heard the song, and on the chorus you'll be hearing back-up voices as the vocals whined his hysterically frantic voice. Love it. There was a mini solo that introduced me how great their lead guitarist is. So I decided to upload songs from i-tunes and found out there's more to add to my favorites. I quote some of them, like "Yeah Boy And Doll Face", "The Cheap Bouquet" which was very great and you'll hear lots of lead stuff that sounds so magical, hahah, I just love it. There was also a mini stuff after the song, and it was cute. "Drella" was also awesome. You have to listen to it.

The lyrics? It was very sweet and very relevant to the present, and I remember some of them. The song "Falling a Sleep on the Stranger" was perhaps a love stuff that seemed like love at first sight, and perhaps happened somewhere in a sweet park.(Well, that was my perception..) I love the lyrics and were easily understood, and Vic wonderfully ruined(I mean decorated) the phrases using his lethally amazing voice. Vic is a very great vocalist; he has this great high-pitched voice that sounds sweet.(I dunno how many times I used that word to describe Vic's voice). He's just perfect to the band..

Pierce The Veil proves that they are no ordinary stuff: excruciatingly high and sweet vocals, funky pop drum stuff, cute lyrics, and wonderfully clean lead riffs and solos that dominate the surface of your sensually endulged ears. All these and even more is what you get from merely listening to the album once. All songs are qute impressive, but there are actually songs that can't help but stand out, like Currents Convulsive, Drella, The Cheap Bouquet, and Yeah Boy And Doll Face. And Wonderless too! I love everything in them, but I hate to say that currently, they only made 14 songs, 11 from the album, another 2 entitled Kissing In Cars (acoustic), and She Makes Dirty Words Sound Pretty(with Johnny Craig, an acoustic too ) and the new and kick-ass revival of Beat It. Oh, I Love Pierce The Veil! You should have the album. You'll end up begging for more.

bassbeat77
    I picked this cd up at the EV tent at Warped cause it was only 5 bucks. I think it's a great disc. Their screaming is good, and more would be nice, but it's not a necessity.
    SL!!!
    So..if screamo is in your genres pop-punk can't be by like default...since they're like opposites...you know, like Circle Takes the Square, Plot to Blow up the Eiffel Tower, The Blood Brothers, Shai Hulud..not exactly pop-punk.
    The Spoon
    These guys were good. I saw em live. If you think you're favorite singer has a chipmunky voice at concerts, you havent seen anything until you see this band live.
    jhoanrae
    hahaha... see, tucker69 is a friend of mne and I think PTV is great!!
    jhoanrae
    He's just jealous of my infatuation to Vic!! harhar!! Actually he likes PTV too, i can feel it.. He just likes to hate Vic so he wrote that stuff out!! Very childish..(that was a joke friend..) Harhar!!
    Dumbtard
    Dumbtard
    Dumbtard wrote: actually the whole album was recorded by vic and mike.. i met them at soma at 'The Big Show' at soma a couple weeks ago
    sorry for double posting, but i had to add that they didn't play that show. they just came to it as normal people which was pretty cool.. and because i have to say it.. im probably going to their house to chill with them within the next month or 2 if my friend will tell me when he goes over there ^.^
    LeadSalad182
    zeroordie6868
    LeadSalad182 wrote: I saw Pierce the Veil at a show at the Recher Theatre in Baltimore last March and the singer acted like he was the cockiest person on earth and when i met him and asked for an autograph he got an attitude with me because he thought i was trying to get him to sign another bands cd even tho i was trying to get him to sign his crappy one. i was appalled by his attitude and the cd sucked to boot. i will never see pierce the veil again regardless of who they are opening for
    really? cause I just saw them w/ Bring Me the Horizon and I met Vic Fuentes and he was such a cool guy. He didn't seem cocky at all. I don't know what you're talkign about.