Terrifyer review by Pig Destroyer

• Released: Oct 12, 2004
Pig Destroyer: Terrifyer

Pig Destroyer goes on the same tour with Terrifyer as they did on 'Prowler In The Yard', their previous masterpiece. Brutal screams, extreme drums and violent guitars make the grindcore sound Pig Destroyer got their fame of. It took Scott Hull (guitarist, producer) two and a half years of work to finalise the cd and the dvd. I guess it was worth the wait, because it all sounds very agressive. Nothing less then their previous efforts. Like I said before, the band recorded a bonus dvd-audiotrack called 'Natasha'. Mixed in 5.1 surround sound it makes a weird story about a murdered ex. It really sounds great, makes your skin crawl.

JR Hayes has written some beautiful lyrics again. Most of the time the subjects are (like before) murder, sex and insanity. JR is a real poet. He creates lyrics fitting with the music, and screams them with all his heart. He really knows what he's talking about. Not just some fancy words but really deep lyrics. I love the metaphores he uses. For example: 'The blood streaked across your face like some twisted lover's deformed lipstick trace'. Even though sometimes brutal, he discribes painful feelings very good.

I like the Pig Destroyer style very much. You never get a moment of rest. You'll just have to settle with some samples inbetween some of the songs. It's basicaly the same sound as on Prowler In The Yard. It's certainly not a letdown, but it isn't the same discovery you have when you first listen to Prowler. That's probably why I didn't give it a 5, but a very high quality album none the less. Natasha is really nice as a dvd, but isn't something you'll listen to too often. But all together it's really a nice effort. The package is worth every penny. If you liked Prowler in the Yard, you should buy this one too. But if you haven't bought Prowler yet, get that one first.

Stoner Metaler
    The albums dam good but i dont have prowler in the yard though. Still this is one of the best records i own. Ps Its grind core man not art even if he talks about screwed stuff it detracts from the record and gives the wrong impression if you imply they are an artsy band like tool or something.