Sound: This was an EP, just to show the dedicated fans that Pillar were still alive, whilst writing their album "Where Do We Go From Here" so Pillar released this awesome EP with 4 live acoustic tracks, a newly made acoustic track off of "Fireproof" and introucing a track from "WDWGFH" known, as Bring Me Down. Not a bad EP. // 10
Lyrics: Lyrics are not hugely different from Fireproof. Rob Beckley represents his emotions through some awesome rhythms, high singing notes, the lot. He also uses the screaming well in Bring Me Down. Rob is definetly not the world's greatest singer, but his voice works well recorded and live, and this is brilliantly shown in this EP. // 9
Overall Impression: 01. Further From Myself (acoustic studio) - taken from the rocky original, Pillar added strings and Spanish guitar to this beautiful track, putting the intimacy into this song. Superb.
02. A Shame (acoustic live) - beautiful intro with some great guitar riffs included. Quite a similar sound to the original.
03. Light At My Feet (acoustic live) - quite good, however is not as good as the original off of Fireproof.
04. Further From Myself (acoustic live) - played with all strings, extra guitar and everything. Played very well.
05. Fireproof (acoustic live) - obviously, the single from Fireproof. It is quite good, but is not in league with the original at all.
06. Bring Me Down - the first single from "WDWGFH" superb lyrics, riffs and vocal work. Pillar have done themselves justice here.
Overall, this EP is really for the fans. It shows the intimate side some people would not expect of a band like Pillar. Worth a listen. // 8