Fireproof review by Pillar

• Released: May 21, 2002
Pillar: Fireproof

Fireproof is the first CD with guitarist Noah Henson, and is probably one of the top rap-core CDs you can purchase. The CD has been well produced, but perhaps not on a top standard due to there not being as much money to spend as more well known bands. Pillar stand out in the Christian rapcore scene with rockin', in your fae riffs, but awesome, Jesus filled lyrics. I love it.

Rock Beckley let it all out with the lyrics. He really knows how to rhyme. The lyrics are generally about Jesus, or issues around Christianity. They kind of are saying "What are you doing? You need Jesus" in a slighty less blunt and obvious way. Give this an obvious 5.

Here's what I think of each song. 01. Fireproof - the introduction to the album, with a powerful drum beat in the background. Catchy chorus "I am Fireproof!" 5/5. 02. Just To Get By - fast rhymes to a fast, rock riff. Powerful lyrics put into this song 5/5. 03. Echelon - song talking about The Echelon (this means the Army Of One) powerful raps, another fantastic chorus 5/5. 04. Stay Up - featuring christian hip hopper, KJ52, this is a very rap based song saying to Stay Up with Jesus 4/5. 05. Behind Closed Doors - starting off quick with the first line "Breakout" this solid song is a memorable song on the CD 5/5. 06. Epidemic - probably the weakest song on the CD, but still a great song. Great scream after the 2nd chorus 4/5. 07. Hindsight - another song with meaningful lyrics, but perhaps not as catchy as songs like "Just To Get By" 4/5. 08. Light At My Feet - awesome intro riff. This is a great song, with a melodic and powerful chorus 5/5. 09. A Shame - awesome song, being a top song in 2003 on Christianrock.net. Great chorus, awesome riff. Obvious 5/5. 10. Indivisible - the catchiest chorus on the whole album. This song is utterly fantastic. Great guitar, drums and awesome rapping 5/5. 11. Further From Myself - and what better way to end the CD? Further From Myself is like a worship song, crying out how we are further from ourselves, but only when next to God. Beautiful song 5/5. Fireproof is a new kind of breed in the rapcore genre, with in your face riffs and passionate flows that show no shame in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ. A worthy addiction to your collection.