The Reckoning review by Pillar

• Released: Oct 3, 2006
Pillar: The Reckoning

Pillar utilizes their fast guitar playing and occasionally rappy vocals to bring forth a Krank-powered heavy metal mayhem. Guitarist Noah Henson demonstrates his extreme shredding skills with an intense but modest approach while Singer Rob Beckley shows us all once again that he can handle any kind of vocalization whether it be growling or screaming. Bassist Kalel show his skill working the four-string and Lester Estelle shows off his great drum tone.

Rob Beckley has a vioce like no other in that there is no other vocalist around whose voice sounds like his. He can sing normally quite well and he can also do the screaming vocals like he demonstrates on Tradgedy (I think). He knows how to handle singing under a muffled voice with great prowess in the song Crossfire. In all honesty I was trying not to listen to the lyrics because they would distract me from all the good music but I know they are probably christian in meaning.

This is maybe the band's second best effort after Where Do We Go From Here? but all of their albums demonstrate the same things and therefore all recieve the same amount of favorable attention. I got the special edition of this album which came with a DVD full of interviews and a full live concert in cluded. These bonus features are fun to watch because the artists explain their equipment and how to play different stuff. It is definately worth getting the special edition for a few dollars more.

Slash15
    Well I have met noah hneson once nd he is the most down to earth guy but after I saw the special edition dvd his nuttin but an animal on dha guitar he has the most amazing licks I have seen so far.
    --LP--
    I have met noah henson several times. I've worked backstage at their shows. He is an amazing guitar player, and people can appreciate his work whether they are christian or not. Pillar is currently, and has always been, one of my favourite bands.