The Reckoning review by Pillar

• Released: Oct 3, 2006
Pillar: The Reckoning

5 Words: this album is f--king awesome! I actualy got their second CD, where do we go from here, first and then bought the reckoning. The sound differs a lot but stil a great album! Took some time to grow on me. This is how I would describe every song: 01.Everything: great song. I love the structure: Slow intro and verse and then the chorus comes smashing in. A lot like the old pillar (WDWGFH). 8/10 02.Awake: one of my faverite songs on the album. Great mellow base line in the begging and then a great chorus, still maintaining a mellow atmosphere but good enough to keep you listening. Great use of background screams in the chorus. 9/10 03.When tommorow comes: also one of my faverites. Catchy verse, slow pre-chorus and then the chorus crashes in. Great lyrics! 10/10 04.The Reckoning: the title track. Don't know why though. The song took some time to grow on me. Great guitars in this song! 7/10 05.Tragedy: scared the crap out of me! Definitly a lot different than anysong on WDWGFH. Great chorus+lyrics! 9/10 06.Last Goodbye: ok-ish song. Still waiting for it to grow on me. I like the chorus though. 8/10 07.Angel in disguise: also a weaker song for me. I think it's about a girls relationship with her dad. 6/10 08.Elysian: an instrumental track. Would have been great if the guitar didn't repeat itself. 7/10 09.Crossfire: great song except for the verse. don't realy like it that the singers voice is muffled. Still a great chorus. 8/10 10.Resolution: my faverite song on the album! Great use of occasional double vocals in the verse. Love the chorus! Kinda reminds me of the old pillar. 10/10 11.Sometimes: also a great song. A soft, weird, intro and then the verse jumps followed by a great upbeat chorus. 9/10 12.Wherever the wind blows: great mellow vocals. This song became my new lullaby. 9/10 13.Chasing shadows at midnight: great way to end an album! Great, steady verse with a more upbeat chorus. Great solo!

The vocals on this album are amazing! Rob is definitly the perfect singer for pillar! He uses a great balance of singing, screaming and eventual growling. The lyrics on the other side didn't impress me that much. I mean if you listen to the lyrics you wouldn't be able to say that they're a christain band. Still a few good lyrics here and there.

Overall this is a good album but compared to fireproof and WDWGFH it sound like a april fools joke. The best song would be Tragedy, Everything, Awake, When tomorrow comes and Resolution. I don't think I would buy it again. Instead I would listen to my WDWGFH album.

dan1985smith
    Ummm... Where Do We Go From Here was their 3rd album, not their 2nd. Don't forget about "Above"
    Nightfyre
    ^Thank you. Nobody seems to remember Above. I actually thought this was their weakest album to date. Is For the Love of the Game any good? I've been meaning to buy it.
    GoldSoundzUKNZ
    i liked where do we go from here, but know nothing else about them. with this review, the reckoning seems like a good place to start
    Fausch
    Personally, I thought this was their best yet. Followed by either Confessions or Where Do We Go From Here. Fireproof, in my opinion, wasn't a very strong album.