Where Do We Go From Here review by Pillar

• Released: Jun 15, 2004
Pillar: Where Do We Go From Here

Pillar is a Christian metal band that was rap-metal on their sophomore album, Fireproof. On this CD they change it up and lose some hip-hop sound, still going strong. Most often, a soft interlude leads to vocalist Rob Beckeley with Noah Henson shredding behind him with his amazing guitar work.

The lyrics are nothing special, and many less christian themes than their last album. Some similar themes, too. "Frontline" bears resemblance to "Echelon," "Rewind" is kind of like "Hindsight," and the lead single "Bring Me Down" has a similar chorus structure to "Fireproof."

Pillar doesn't sound similar to anyone I've heard. "Bring Me Down" is without a doubt the standout song. I liked it a lot, but in this rare case, their sound hasn't improved. Buy Fireproof first, and then get this CD. I would definitely replace it if lost. Pillar has since released a special edition with a DVD, a cover of U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and a mix of "Bring Me Down."

WhiteLightning
    well... this cd's not bad, it got old kinda quick though, but that happens to me sometimes....