Where Do We Go From Here review by Pillar

• Released: Jun 15, 2004
Pillar: Where Do We Go From Here

I love this hard rock album! I recommend it only to those who absolutely love Pillar music because most of the album has the same sound overall. It well represents pillar with an excellent distorted lead guitar. It's not very good for those looking to play rhythm guitar. The lead guitar plays a lot of 16th notes and fast power chords while being tuned in drop C. When the album is done it gives you the satisfaction like you just got done rocking at a live concert and you played everything so well it sounded crystal clear coming out of your amp.

Rob's voice is very good. There's nothing special about it. He can sing soft and then yell the next second. His lyrics are great. They sound great when sung and they're positive to put you in a good mood. Frontline lyics: [tab]"It's not like I'm walkin alone Into the valley of the shadow of death Stand beside one another Cause it ain't over yet And I'd be willing to bet that if we don't back down You and I'll be the ones that are holding the crown In the end when it's over we can say well done But not yet cause its only begun So pick up and follow me we're the only ones To fight this thing until we've won We drive on and don't look back Doesn't mean we can't learn from our past And all the things that we mighta done wrong We could've been doing this all along[/tab] Chorus [tab]Everybody with your fist raised high Let me hear your battle cry tonight Stand beside or step aside We're on the frontlines And we'll be carrying on Until the day it doesn't matter anymore Step aside you forgot what this is for We fight to live we live to fight and tonight you'll hear my battle cry We live our lives out on the frontlines We're not afraid of the fast times These days have opened up my eyes And now I see where the threat lies We've got to lead the way"[/tab]

I think Pillar has their own unique tone. If I had to compare it to another band I'd probably pick "Red," but without the slow piano parts that "Red" composes. The most popular song on the album would definitely be "Frontline." I, however, enjoy "Aftershock" the most because it's easy to bang your head to. I love this album so much. The only reason I don't recommend it to everyone is because of its repetitive sounds that can get tiresome after a few songs. I would definitely buy this album again if I lost it.

SK8nBASS
    great cd, but i gotta agree w/ PVmelonhead91, it doesn't sound like demon hunter! great album tho
    sg4ever
    Pillar does NOT sound like Demon Hunter at all. They are more hard rock and Demon Hunter is more metal.