A Momentary Lapse of Reason review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Sep 8, 1987
Pink Floyd: A Momentary Lapse of Reason

When Roger Waters left Pink Floyd everyone thought (even some of the band members at the time) that Floyd would go down the drain! But, that did not stop David Gilmour from picking up the band and showing Roger what he could do. David Gilmour and Nick Mason were the only "official" members at the time, but they brought in lots of brilliant musicians to play on the album. These songs are much different from other Floyd songs, now that Roger was gone, you didn't have him writing songs or lyrics. David handle most of that. The best songs on the album are: "Learning to Fly", "Sorrow", "Terminal Frost", "On The Turning Away" and "One Slip". The guitar solos are great and so are the effects. All the songs flow well and it is a very enjoyable album. David did a great job keeping Pink Floyd going.

Well, David himself said that he doesn't have a good time writing lyrics. He got help from a few people, including his wife. The lyrics are very nice, and I love "One Slip" and "On The Turning Away", the lyrics are best on that album! Not bad for David handling the all the lyrics for the first time.

I really love this album, even though Roger is gone, David kept it going and made a beautiful album. If you are a Floyd fan, but haven't checked out this album yet, then do it, now! It's not my favourite Floyd album, but I love this album a lot.

Nilcerise
    the flow of this album is perfectly in tune to everything surrounding just david gilmour one of his best solo albums in my opinion
    KileManA7X
    Dave is old and later Pink floyd. But Roger OWNED pink floyd from Dark side to the final cut AT LEAST. And that's not even including the debut and Obscured by clouds.
    KileManA7X
    I know this will make people mad but Roger Waters IS Pink Floyd. With Roger, Pink Floyd would just be one of those things you remember people would listen to while high in the 70's and it's not about that. No offense--Dave still rocks.
    INTHEFLESH1551
    KileManA7X- you couldn't have put it any better, so don't worry about people saying anything. Roger Waters was the genius, as his solo albums show, and things were clearly never the same following his departure. Gilmour is a fantastic musician, but he lacks a certain something that Roger seems to have.
    the piper
    Sure Roger was a genius but he was NOT the Floyd. I can't even believe you said that. Excluding everyone else form the band and saying Roger is the band. That's wrong dude, The Division Bell is some of Gilmour's finest lyrical work. Oh and by the way, Roger Waters was a huge ego-head. But about the album,this album sucked I think. I can totally understand why also. It was RIGHT after Roger left, of course they're not gonna be back on their feet that quick. All I'm saying is that you totally proved a point when you said that was going to make people mad.