A Saucerful Of Secrets review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Jan 1, 1968
Pink Floyd: A Saucerful Of Secrets

This is one of the best albums out there from the Floyd. This album gave you the Floyd of the future basically because of the lack of Syd Barrett on this . Roger started his rants about war on "Corporal Clegg" so it is a relic in its own right just for that fact. Rick Wright came up with some stellar songs for this album and made his breakthrough of Floyd songwriting with the 2 tracks he added. Dave Gilmour makes his first impression to the public and makes a big mark on this album. This is one good album.

01. Let There Be More Light - good job on the lyrics mainly for the tone of voice given on the intro vocal. Great song throughout and has a wonderful part sung by Roger. 02. Remember A Day - one of Rick's best songs. Reminds me of my childhood and is a standout track on this album. 03. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun - possibly could be Nick Mason's best drum part ever and has a great guitar riff to go with the best lyrics on the album. 04. Corporal Clegg - Roger's first war raving song. I love this song with all my heart just for the fact of the humorous lyrics given. 05. A Saucerful Of Secrets - not as good in intro but turns into standout track when drums kick in. 06. See-Saw - my favorite song on this album. Makes me sad when I listen to it. Love this song. It has to be Rick's best ever. 07. Jugband Blues - Syd's final song for the Floyd and a sad one as well. It is humouous but sad in my book. Another classic syd song and the last "pop" days of the Floyd.

One of Floyd's best albums and best albums ever by anyone. A must have for all Floyd fans everywhere. No album contains such a spacy collection of songs until we get to Dark Side Of The Moon, you know what the album must be like whenever it is mentioned in the same sentence as Dark Side Of The Moon. A classic Floyd album and one of my all-time favorites.