A Saucerful Of Secrets review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Jan 1, 1968
Pink Floyd: A Saucerful Of Secrets

This album is the last with syd barrett in it, and he only contributed one song (although I think they should of added vegetable man, but they thoguht it was too dark to release)but his influence had definatley rubbed off on the other musicians. the sound is obviosuly phsychedelic, it's truely mental and it's got soem very interestign passages, especially in let there be more light which gets very catchy. this is also the point were the other band members started to write more, little of gilmours influence becasue he was still settilign in, but definatley mroe of waters (corperal clegg sounds like a mentaller, more sarcastic upbeat version of your possible pasts) and this is the poitn were rick wright started to write more, and his influence can be seen a lot in early floyd.

The lyrics defiantely get better in this album tham the first album, less abotu gnomes named grimble grumble and more drawn to reality thigns. the lyrics on jugband blues are particualry good. you can tell that he realsies he's beign phased out the band (I'm most gratefull to you for makign it clear that I'm not here) but it does appear he has trouble articulating it to well because you need to look at it knowing what happened to him to really tell. but yes the lyrics work very well with the music.

I think this is still one of the best phsychedelic albums, if you liek your music to be sligtly detached from the reality then you will like it, it's got some very interesting bits as I've sayd, definately worth getign, but it's not floyds best work. the only track I'm not keen on is the title track, which sounds like an attempt at a new intersteller overdrive. but the rest is excellent. youtube jugband blues, rememeber a day or corperall clegg to see what the albums like.