Animals review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Jan 14, 1977
Pink Floyd: Animals

Pink Floyd relly outdid themselves this time. People that are not fans of Floyd may not like this album though. The lyrics & overall tunes are so much different than The Wall (their most popular album). There is definatley a story attached to this CD. Their longest song, Dogs, lasts an epic 17-ought minutes. thats a long song, but if you listen to all the lyrics, you just might come off with a different view of pink floyd. Most notably the musical innovations in this CD are the use of animal sounds. I know that the beatles may have used this first in blackbird but "Animals" takes it to a whole-nother level. most every song on this album uses the sound from the animal it is about.

The lyrics for this CD are amazing. From the epic "Dogs" to the short but sweet "Pigs On The Wing Part 1, 2." The singer skills are also amazing. This definatley isn't Bon Scott, it's much mellower and echoy, but thats what Pink Floyds about. And the lyrics definatley comply with the music. On the songs that are needed the voice is low and echoy and on the fast electric parts the voice changes accordingly. I'm giving this a 10 but thats just my musical preference. If you're a "Green Day" or "Mettalica" fan you may want to stay away.

As I said earlier this is superior to The Wall but will never as recognized. The Wall is a fan favorite but not as epic (IMO) as animals. The most impressive song on the album is definatley Dogs running at 17:06 minutes it is definatley epic, and the fact that it follows a story helps alot. What I love about this Album is definatley the legenth of the songs. The only short songs on the album are the 2 Pigs On The Wing. Other then that the shortest song is 10:21. This can also be a double edged sword beacuse (imo) they ran out of things to say in 3 Little Pigs, so its just basiclly instrumental. If this were stolen from me I would definatley buy another, it is an integral stone in Pink Floyd's repoitouer.