Animals review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Jan 14, 1977
Pink Floyd: Animals

About a week or two ago I reached into my dad's CD rack and grabbed pink floyd animals. Being a major floyd fan who loved the wall I decided I had listened to everything else by them but this. So I popped it into my CD player and gave it a listening to. It immediately hit me with it's sound level and high quality guitar work that the other albums didn't have. The first album mainly by Roger Waters so I figured it would be a lot of bass, wrong, David Gilmour played the best guitar he has ever done since meddle. After reading a review off a site that I realized that it was based on the book Animal Farm. The music is just flat out amazing.

This album was the first album after Roger Waters married Carolyne. So the songs Pigs On The Wing (pt.1 and 2) are based on how they need look out for each other to make it through this world. Most of the lyrics are based off of animal farm which uses animals to describe three main types of people in the world. Pigs are greedy fake tyrants who run other peoples lives, dogs are the pigs workers who do the do the pig's dirty work. Lastly there sheep who are spineless people that do what ever the pigs and the dogs tell them to because they're stupid and scared of the dogs. "Who was told what to do by the man." The lyrics deeply describe these charachters and grow to make you hate the pigs and dogs in the story that is this album. The two singers in this are Roger Waters and David Gilmour. Roger sings with more anger since he wrote the pesemistic album about the fake people in the world. David sings a more melodicly. Most of it's sung from the sheep's point of view. Overall the vocals are pretty good.

This album overall is scarier then all the other albums even the wall, but the wall is deeper sadder. My personal favorite song is Pigs because it's the best one, because it's better than the rest, because it's great. I love the lyrics and guitars. I didn't the vocals were up to floyd standard's on some lines. If it was lost lost or stolen I'd blame the pigs and buy it again.