Animals review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Jan 14, 1977
Pink Floyd: Animals

This album is absolutely fantastic. Even though you're probably aware, this album was made inbetween Wish You Were Here and The Wall, it literally sounds like what you'd get if you fused the music. It's by far my favorite Pink Floyd album and it's a shame that I don't know if they have any live versions of it, it is their best work.

Roger's lyrics on this album may not be his very best ever, but it's Roger Waters, he always has great lyrics. They really blend with the music very well, and there is a great music-to-lyric ratio, there isn't too much music, there isn't too much singing. It's just a pleasure to listen to the whole way through.

I can honestly say that there is nothing I hate about this album, and everything I love. Whether it's David Gilmours amazing guitar playing, or the amazing ability in the music and lyrics, or just how each song is different yet similar so much. If you haven't heard this album yet, it is a must have. If it were lost/stolen, I would get a new copy of it as soon as possible. It is one of the best listens you could have, and if you are considering buying this album as opposed to a different one or another Pink Floyd album, this is by a landslide the choice I'd advise. One of my very favorite albums I own, and is something that any fan of music should look into.