Dark Side Of The Moon review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Mar 24, 1973
Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon

Sound of the band is excellent, especially on certain tracks, ex. The Great gig in the Sky, it clearly shows a climax in certain stages, and it makes you wanna breath faster or slower, and makes your heart talk. More likely it was the band's chemistry and ability to make jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring, thought-provoking music. This is Pink Floyd at its collective finest, with everyone contributing. Unlike the band in 6 years, Waters did not do everything. Gilmoure took a huge chunk of the music-writing, laying down the chord progressions on "Breathe," "Time," and "Any Colour You Like," the singing on the album's best songs. Once in a while, a rock band or other musical entity puts out an album that, quite simply, changes the face of music history. And yet, Pink Floyd was a rather unlikely group of musical innovators. I can tell you that you will never listen to a record and a sound like that, ever.

God, lyrics are so out of this world. As some of you already know, this album is about life itself, and has alot to say about life; for exampel "Time" has a part which goes like this, "Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time, Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines" if you can reall yunderstand this line, then you can really understand the meaning of time, of life. Unlike other albums of theirs, Dark side of the Moon is probably the finest ever. David Gilmour (vocals/lead guitars) has great touch of lyric skills and awesome guitar climaxed solos and Waters on the other hand is the creative genius who always has the ideas to add.

One in every 20 people under the age of 50 in the United States owns a copy of this album *Dark Side remained on Billboard's 200 album chart for an amazing 15 years straight and then for another two when it was remastered back in 1994 *It is currently the most successful album ever with upwards of 40 million copies sold world-wide. The most impressive songs from the album. I say, can't really tell, the album is so perfect. I really love the Dark Side Of The Moon for it's words, emanings and creative solos. I really love it when your back is against the wall and climaxing right in that moment. If it was lost, I would definatley buy another one, even if I would have to steal money to buy it! And I encourage people who don't own it to buy it! And people who don't have the original copy; buy the original, be a Floyd fan, and be the one who climaxed like anyone else, I sure did!