Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall: Live 1980-1981 review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Apr 18, 2000
Pink Floyd: Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall: Live 1980-1981

Pink Floyd I'm sure produces great live gigs especially after listening to the wall live. You can hear everything that is happening in each of the songs when you listen to the CD because the studio dudes did a good job remastering the sound quality and eliminating background noise. Nothing really to say about the sound of the music itself except that it sounds just like the original The Wall in just about any way imaginable.

Pink Floyd always has written astounding lyrics that always just kind of make you just wonder, ya know? They are words that can change your mood and perhaps your life if you indulge into them too much. The Wall parts I think have the best lyrics along with Comfortably Numb which is always just sort of eerie then goes into a joyful refrain. Roger Waters seems not to lose any concentration at all when performing live because his vocals sound just like the original alb. I really liked the live version of Goodbye Blue Sky.

This may make me look like a total asshole but I think I would probably take this album double over the original The Wall. Now doesn't that just sound kooky? It's kind of like Rush though because a lot of their stuff is more popular live so I'll compair them again. This is obviously an essential album for any Floyd fan to complete their colletion, but even if you aren't interestd in such things, you may want to pick it up just for the heck of it!

pinkfloyder1000
    This is by far one of my favourite live shows ever. Roger is amazing as are the rest of the band. This show does in fact surpass the original recordings I would say and is one of my most valued albums. If you don't have this album, go out and get it right now.
    tai1221
    heck yeah, i want to get this hopefully this is in the right order
    Thefallofman
    Happiest Days Of Our Lives/Another Brick II far surpass the studio version, and the MC getting cut off by In The Flesh? is just the perfect intro. I like this more than the studio album.
    LedPhloydGeuse
    This is one of my most listened to albums in my collection. I am a HUGE Floyd fan (I have every one of their bootlegs from 1966-1987 on my hard drive just in case you don't believe me). This recording is matrixed together from the final nights the show, performed at Earls' Court in London. Since it is the end of the tour, the band's playing is near perfect. The instruments and singing are all tight. The sound is perfected, (minus a few mooments of tape hiss like on Nobody's Home). What is missing here are more jams. This is because this recording comes towards the end of the Wall Tour. There are some tight jams during Another Brick...Wright is hot on his keyboards...and Gilmour is God on Comfortably Numb and One of My Turns. During the first few shows of the Wall, the band was not sure how long it would take to actually construct the wall. In order to build in some extra time, the band would jam between Another Brick Part III and Goodbye Cruel World. This improv is often referred to as "the Almost Gone Jam" and was performed a few times in LA and at Nassau for the beginning part of the tour. Subsequently it was dropped from the show because they found they could construct the whole wall in proper time. I would've loved to have seen this jam included since the album producers added the extra material after Empty Spaces. Other than that, this is the best CD ever. "Take the Rock N Roll Refugee...Oh baby set me free."