Meddle review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Nov 11, 1971
Pink Floyd: Meddle

This is the album made around DSOTM. It was either before or after it and was I think after but I could be wrong. The Floyd bring an interesting sound to this album as it starts of with the rocking instrumental "One of These Days". Followed by "Pillow of Winds", which is a song based on a few chords, Floyd makes a soft impression. Fearless is maybe one of the best songs on the album the way it displays it's chord progression. San Tropez sounds kind of like a beach house type song that makes you think of going on a vacation. Seamus had to be something to fill up the rest of the time on side one because it is very short and silly. Echoes is a 26 minute epic that utilizes sound effects and up and down riffs to inspire the listener.

The lyrics are not really a concern of mine but I like how in One of These Days, all he says is "one of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces". It adds a bit of humor to the song. The singing is best on Pillow of Winds. Waters does a great job here with the vocals by making them just hang there with some suspense. The part has a great melody too. Echoes has lyrics that make me really ponder what is being said because of the words that are used. Roger Waters does most if not all of the vocals on the album.

If you liked DSOTM, you will like this album no questions asked. is is an essential to any Pink Floyd record collection and should have sold more than it initially did. Buy it for anybody even if they are not Floyd fans because they soon will be after thier gift has been recieved. If it were known to me how good this album was, I may have purchased it before I bought Dark Side of the Moon. Easy A+ for the Floyd here.