Pulse [DVD] review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Pink Floyd: Pulse [DVD]

Pulse would have to rate as one of the most amazing DVD's ever released. It follows the Pink Floyd concert in 1994. The sound production is second to none in this DVD. This DVD has being years in the making, this is Pink Floyd playing at their best! Gilmour's tone is to die for especially in songs such as "One of these days" and "Comfortably Numb". The sound makes you feel like you were there in the concert watching. If only we were!

Content — 10
The content of this DVD is excellent, I bought it for $19.99 AUD, I would have paid a lot more. This DVD features many parts, like interviews with people such as "Billy Corgan" (Smashing Pumpkins) telling us their Pink Floyd stories. The main section of the DVD features the "Pulse" concert of 1994. It is spread over two disks, with a total of 4 hours running time. The acutal concert lasts for about 140mins. The tracks feature hits from many of the Pink Floyd albums aswell as the whole of "Dark Side of the Moon", possibly one of the greatest albums ever released. 100% satisfaction! It then ends with a three song encore performance including "Wish You Were Here" and "Comfortably Numb".

Production Quality — 10
The production quality in this DVD is absolutly second to none, as soon as you look at the DVD's case, you know that this is going to be great. The colours and cameras used in the production is great, it really engages you and makes you feel like you are there in the audience. The sound production is also exactly the same, in that it is excellent and will be never surpassed. All in all great!

This DVD is possibly the greatest concert DVD ever released, everything about it is excellent especially considering that the concert was filmed 12 years ago. I love this DVD, it makes you feel as though you are there in the audience, I just wish I could have being in the audience! If this DVD was lost or stolen I would buy it no matter what the cost. It is worth every cent!

sheumack111
    thanx "stonegolem13", it does rock..... Man i love gilmours tone in "One of these days"
    Conky420