Pulse [DVD] review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Pink Floyd: Pulse [DVD]

The same great amazing sound live as on the albums. David Gilmour can still sing like he use too but even better! Great vocals, guitar parts, piano, drum and new bass parts. All the songs sound great expectially the guitar solos that will blow your mind. I image there would be some concern as too the absense of Roger Waters vocals but they do I fine a job with out them. I also understand you may be wondering about vocals for "The Great Gig In The Sky". They do a wonderful job of replicating the origional improved recordings heard on the album.

Content — 10
Incredible content. Lets take a look. Disc #1: 01. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (concert version) - damn good version at that. 02. Learning To Fly 03. High Hopes 04. Take It Back 05. Coming Back To Life 06. Sorrow 07. Keep Talking 08. Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2) 09. One Of These Days Disc #2: 01. The Dark Side Of The Moon 02. Speak To Me 03. Breathe In The Air 04. On The Run 05. Time 06. The Great Gig In The Sky 07. Money 08. Us And Them 09. Any Color You Like 10. Brain Damage 11. Eclipse Encores: 01. Wish You Were Here 02. Comfortably Numb 03. Run Like Hell As you can see there's a lot of material on this DVD all great. There's all so bonus material from Stage Plans to Alternative versions.

Production Quality — 10
Really great quality. Many parts of the video where it looked as if you could pass through the tv set right to the show. Crystal clear looks great on a widescreen tv and I'm sure it does on a full screen. Menus all look fine and as for the actual video very clear and really great camera angles always showing you want you want to see. They do a good job giving you the feel of what it would have been like to be there.

This DVD is incredible and is something ever Pink Floyd fan should have aswell as anyone else who takes music half seriouse. Incredible performance, the music is amazing as is the light show they put on, the pigs and air plane flying then crashing into the stage. At par if not ABOVE my other music DVD (Led Zepplein [the 2 disc one])and if it was lost stolen or even just looking a little rough I would buy it agian.

robmarsden01
    redwing_suck
    This concert is the greatest thing ever to be recorded on film in the history of history. It gives me chills how good it is. LOVE IT!
    bbox
    $20 AUSSIE DOLLARS was well worth it, i guess if they sell it this cheap people prefer to buy a proper one than just get a fake one for a bit less but the DVD ROCKS
    sheumack111
    $20 AUD ^ Best 20 dollars i have ever spent.... I would pay $200 for this DVD it is that good!
    matchbox
    I agree with everyone. It's fan-f**king-tastic. I especially love SOYCD it's just such a great version. Now all we need is a remembrance concert for Syd Barrett (R.I.P because god knows he didn't get much in life) with Waters back with them.
    happytimeharry
    This is by far the best DVD I own. My only complaint (a small one at that) is that Hey You wasn't on it. Other that that, damn...
    Missino
    robmarsden01 wrote: Does this have a different track listing to the Pulse CD? I don't remember One of These Days being on the CD, but What Do You Want From Me was, as well as a couple of others
    What Do You Want From Ke wasn't played at the Earls Court...Or at least it wasn't on the old video I've got... Does the DVD differ very much from the original Pulse VHS?
    Mr.Brightside
    ive only watched the firs disc so far, but heard it all countless times got the dvd, 2x cd and the wall DVD for 30$ **** yeah!
    forewarnedrocks
    david gilmour is my favorite guitarist. i seen pink floyd in 1994 at detroit pontiac stadium The performance, the lighting, everything is great more than i could hope but one thing roger waters i would pay to see them again buy the dvd it is great....greg miller(4warned rocks)
    bobdylan
    ive just bought it like two days ago and ive already watched it like five times, its just that good!
    winterburn69
    I haven't bought the DVD, but I bought the CD, and it rocks, and I'll eventually buy the DVD cuz I know it rocks.
    kaptink
    Earls Court is the best venue in the world. All the concerts Iv'e seen there have blown me away!
    rollingstones
    the whole show was amazing i bought it as soon as it came out and i am defiently not regretting it it was unbelieveable
    BrainDamage
    sheumack111 wrote: thanx "stonegolem13", it does rock..... Man i love gilmours tone in "One of these days"
    The One Of These Days from PULSE is absolutely amazing. The performance, the lighting, everything is great.
    mistique_007
    Floyd Rocks.....I Have Bought The DVD..It's Great,,,The Most Glamourous Floyd Concert Ever..... Proud To Be A Floydian.....