Pulse [DVD] review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
  • Content: 7
  • Production Quality: 8
Pink Floyd: Pulse [DVD]

Pulse took place in 1994 so it's somewhat up to date. The sound isn't that great but if you're a fan it's ok. The band plays ok together, Gary Wallis is a wailing nimrod who sucks at drums, that's right you're there to play drums not do gymnastics. Tim Renwick doesn't fit to well in the band but Guy, David, Rick, Jon, and Nick are good together.

Content — 7
The DVD features most of the songs on the CD and they skipped over some good ones like Astronomy Domine, What Do You Want From Me, Hey You and A Great Day For Freedom. They play a lot of stuff from The Division Bell and Momentary Lapse. The setlist starts with Shine On and they play stuff from DB and MLOR. Finally they go back to classics, after half an hour, like ABITW2, and One Of These Days. Then they play Dark Side. Greeeeeeeaaaaaaaat performance of DSOM. After they play it they encore with WYW, CN, and Run Like Hell.Features include HOF induction, screen films, and tour video.

Production Quality — 8
The lights are flat out amazing, they have the pigs, lasers, a rotaing disco ball, a crashing plane, and amazing screen films. It is an amazing visual that can't be beat. The production quality is pretty good but not great. Production quality isn't up to standards.

This is worth it's cost but it's not amazing. It barely compares to other floyd concerts that I've seen clips of. I love the visual and the setlist is alright, but it just doesn't hit me the way I thought it would. If it were stolen or lost I'd ask to get it for Christmas but I wouldn't buy it with my money.

Big Tommy P
    the only thing stopping me from getting this is the absence of Roger Waters...come back to Floyd, we miss you