Pulse [DVD] review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Pink Floyd: Pulse [DVD]

I listend to Pink Floyd on the radio but I was mainly into punk at the time. It wasn't until I started becoming more of a Hippie that I decided to listen to "Trippy" music. I always liked "Comfortably Numb" and "Wish You Were Here" but it wasn't until I bought pulse that I really listened to Pink Floyd and appreciated their music.

Content — 10
Its a live concert With plenty of songs and features. The songs includes speak To Me, Breathe, On The Run, Tim, e The Great Gig In The Sky, Money, Us And Them, Any Colour You Like, Brain Damage, Eclipse, Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb, and Run Like Hell. It's also packed with special features.

Production Quality — 8
The only problem I had with the DVD is I actually can't get my first disc to play on regular DVD players only portable. I don't think it's a wide spread problem though. All DVDs come with little books that include pics and a DVD chart. They also come with a David Gilmour "On An Island" postcard. The box or case that it comes in is only ardboard so it's really easy to damage.

I'm a big fan of David Gilmour so I loved the music on the dvd. All Pink Floyd shows had amazing laser shows but I'm sure the shows in the '70s were not even close to the mind blowing one in this DVD. I really would have liked if Roger waters was on bass but Guy Pratt did an awesome job on bass and vocals in "Run Like Hell".

DukeofRckinghm
    GrungePb
    DukeofRckinghm wrote: i watched pulse and was utterly disappointed. sure it's pink floyd on stage, but they hired everybody else to play the main instrument parts for them. rick has another keyboarder, nick has another drummer, and gilmour has another guitar player next to him and they replaced roger with a bassist (but that was to be expected). the props were neat but they weren't put together well from song to song. no old pink floyd and in my opinion the dvd gets rather boring. I was disappointed in this long awaited dvd but i do plan on purchasing gilmour's live concert and reviewing it.
    lmao of course they need all those insturments, THERE PINK FLOYD! They use multi tracks of all there instruments on the recording so they needed to hire more people the replicate the sound of the albums