Pulse [DVD] Review

artist: Pink Floyd date: 10/03/2006 category: compact discs
Pink Floyd: Pulse [DVD]
Release Date: July 11, 2006
This landmark DVD features the first ever film of Pink Floyd playing the band's seminal album, The Dark Side of the Moon, live in concert. The set documents the 1994 Division Bell tour and was filmed at London's Earls Court during a record-breaking 14-night residency. The two-disc release contains the full concert performance with rare backstage footage and previously unseen extras making the collection a must-have for Pink Floyd fans.
 Content: 9.3
 Production Quality: 9
Pulse [DVD] Reviewed by: sheumack111, on august 23, 2006

Sound: Pulse would have to rate as one of the most amazing DVD's ever released. It follows the Pink Floyd concert in 1994. The sound production is second to none in this DVD. This DVD has being years in the making, this is Pink Floyd playing at their best! Gilmour's tone is to die for especially in songs such as "One of these days" and "Comfortably Numb". The sound makes you feel like you were there in the concert watching. If only we were! // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD is possibly the greatest concert DVD ever released, everything about it is excellent especially considering that the concert was filmed 12 years ago. I love this DVD, it makes you feel as though you are there in the audience, I just wish I could have being in the audience! If this DVD was lost or stolen I would buy it no matter what the cost. It is worth every cent! // 10

Pulse [DVD] Reviewed by: GrungePb, on august 24, 2006

Sound: The same great amazing sound live as on the albums. David Gilmour can still sing like he use too but even better! Great vocals, guitar parts, piano, drum and new bass parts. All the songs sound great expectially the guitar solos that will blow your mind. I image there would be some concern as too the absense of Roger Waters vocals but they do I fine a job with out them. I also understand you may be wondering about vocals for "The Great Gig In The Sky". They do a wonderful job of replicating the origional improved recordings heard on the album. // 10

Overall Impression: This DVD is incredible and is something ever Pink Floyd fan should have aswell as anyone else who takes music half seriouse. Incredible performance, the music is amazing as is the light show they put on, the pigs and air plane flying then crashing into the stage. At par if not ABOVE my other music DVD (Led Zepplein [the 2 disc one])and if it was lost stolen or even just looking a little rough I would buy it agian. // 10

Pulse [DVD] Reviewed by: pinkfloydian11, on august 29, 2006

Sound: Pulse took place in 1994 so it's somewhat up to date. The sound isn't that great but if you're a fan it's ok. The band plays ok together, Gary Wallis is a wailing nimrod who sucks at drums, that's right you're there to play drums not do gymnastics. Tim Renwick doesn't fit to well in the band but Guy, David, Rick, Jon, and Nick are good together. // 7

Overall Impression: This is worth it's cost but it's not amazing. It barely compares to other floyd concerts that I've seen clips of. I love the visual and the setlist is alright, but it just doesn't hit me the way I thought it would. If it were stolen or lost I'd ask to get it for Christmas but I wouldn't buy it with my money. // 7

Pulse [DVD] Reviewed by: loudfastramones, on october 03, 2006

Sound: I listend to Pink Floyd on the radio but I was mainly into punk at the time. It wasn't until I started becoming more of a Hippie that I decided to listen to "Trippy" music. I always liked "Comfortably Numb" and "Wish You Were Here" but it wasn't until I bought pulse that I really listened to Pink Floyd and appreciated their music. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm a big fan of David Gilmour so I loved the music on the dvd. All Pink Floyd shows had amazing laser shows but I'm sure the shows in the '70s were not even close to the mind blowing one in this DVD. I really would have liked if Roger waters was on bass but Guy Pratt did an awesome job on bass and vocals in "Run Like Hell". // 10