The Division Bell review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Mar 30, 1994
Pink Floyd: The Division Bell

I know this album is not rated as even one of the best among Floyd albums but it definitely makes an impression and it is quite a good one. The albums start with songs cluster one and poles apart. These are good songs sound-wise but once one hears the rest of the songs these will be totally elipsed. Then the song Marooned which is an instrumental one is absolutely fantastic. It isn't as long a song as Shine on you crazy but one can feel the psychedelia in it. Overall the sound is fabulous.

Can anyone beat Floyd at lyrics. I think not. Even if Roger Waters is no longer a part of Floyd in The Division Bell, yet Gilmour does his part and comes out with flying colours. Coming Bak To Life, Lost For The Words and High Hopes are the highlights of the album in terms of lyrics.

Ok, now I think this is one of the best Floyd albums ever. This album will stand third among Floyd albums of which first two will be, Wish You Were Here and Dark Side Of The Moon (yes I will rate it more than The Wall and a Momentary Lapse Of Reason). Floyd is my definitive favourite band of all time. But their songs like Comfortably Numb or Wish You Were Here will not be my favourite track! That favourite song will be High Hopes. The song is about the pain one feels after quitting doping and how the life when they doped. And that is indeed quite hard to imagine ('cause one does not quit doping). The thing about this song is that one will not like the song in the first 3 or 4 hearings but once one likes it he can't stop the song from listening. I can listen to this song back to back say a million times! The final solo by Gilmour in the song is the best solo ever by any band ever! After this song, it left Stairway To Heaven a distant second! The other songs to watch out for are Marooned, Coming Back To Life, Lost For Words, Keep Talking, What Do You Want From Me?, Great Day For Freedom - more or less every song.

apples&oranges
    this album has the best gilmour guitar solos ever, let me just say the "a great day for freedom" solo is amazing
    Athasios89
    I could listen to this Album for days. AND can play i think 7 of the songs on it. Absolutely Amazinag!!!!
    hriday_hazarika
    "Marooned"... hands down, the best Pink Floyd song for me after the "P.U.L.S.E" version of "Comfortably Numb"...