The Final Cut review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Apr 2, 1983
Pink Floyd: The Final Cut

This album is based off of Roger's Views on war, and seems to be spoken through one who has been through it. It sounds as if the person is next to you, recollecting the horrors of the things he saw, and heard in war. Especially in The Gunner's Dream. Ultimately, The sound is mesmerizing. Once again, it excels in The Gunner's Dream, where Roger's Voice melts into a moving Saxophone solo. In Your Possible Pasts however, some of the chords don't seem to flow paticularly well into each other. Overall, The sound is Magnificent.

The lyrics are, at some times, difficult to understand, because they are so full of meaning. Water's voice seems to full of emotion throughout, and blends extremely well with the music. Roger Waters is at his best with these magnificent lyrics. Every song flows perfectly into the next.

This is personally my favorite of all of Pink Floyd's work. It just gives me goosebumps at some points. Hell, I get goosebumps whenever Waters seems to well up with emotion in every song. My favorite songs would have to be; The Gunner's Dream, The Fletcher Memorial Home, The Final Cut, and Two Suns In The Sunset. My least favorite song would have to be; Your Possible Pasts, as some of the chords don't seem to fit where they are placed. If I lost this CD, I would most definately go out and buy it again, it is simply incredible.