The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Jul 31, 1967
Pink Floyd: The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn

I love Pink Floyd personally, and this album is amazing, well the only album with only Syd Barrett for vocals instead of David Gilmour and Roger Waters, so it's probably my favourite album out of them all. Well, the album is sort of legendary to me because it had syd Barrett for vocals and he is my idol. The style was more rock than anything and it had a bit of psychadelic rock edge to it.

These are the rankings of the songs: 01. Astronomy Domine - 4/5, a good song, rather odd intro but the lyrics were calming and I liked them, even though I had no idea what they were talking about. 02. Lucifer Sam - 4.5/5, the opening riff I love, the chorus is catchy, "This cat something I can't explain" and overal I love the song. 03. Matilda Mother - 5/5, I love this song, my favourite Pink Floyd song of all time, and I love the chorus and the lyrics for it are so amazing, and the beat and the instruments. 04. Flaming - 3.5/5, don't have to much to say about this one except I am guessing Syd was on lsd when he wrote this song and for me it's not that enjoyable. 05. Pow R. Toc H. - 0/5, I hate this song. It's horrible music in the background while Syd says, a-duoy-douy. It's really weird, I even found it humorious the first time I heard it then it got annoying. 06. Take Up Thy Stethoscope And Walk - 3/5, whenever I am listening through this CD, mostly I don't even notice this song, I havin't even really listened closely too it, well I guess it's pretty good fall asleep music too, but it has a nice intro. 07. Interstellar Overdrive - 5/5, simply the best instrumental of all time, the guitar, drums, keyboards, make this an amazing song, the beat is easy to listen too and it has a good rhythm. 08. The Gnome - 4/5, I like this song, it has a nice melody and it's lyrics are very interesting, well I am guessing he was probably on lsd for this one also. 09. Chapter 24 - 5/5, I love this song! Although the main riff isin't that great, it has some pretty good chords and I love singing along to the lyrics, great song! 10. Scarecrow - 2/5, all the lyrics talk about in this song is that there is a scarecrow in a feild and it tells what happens to him while a couple instruments go on in the background, I don't like this song at all. 11. Bike - 5/5, I love this song the chorus, I go around singing it all day "Your the kind of girl that fits in with my world, I'll give you everything, anything if you want things" The guitar in the song is good and all the song is great. 12. See Emily Play - 1/5, this is song is real, blah to me it doesn't really have I guess you could call it meat to it, it doesn't really have what I am looking for in it. Syd Barrett, the best singer Pink Floyd ever had and ever will have, probably the 3rd best singer of the '60s behind Jim Morrison, and Jimi Hendrix.

I would rank this album 5/5 compared to most the other albums I have, from Pink Floyd, it's probably the best one. Matilda Mother, Bike, Lucifer Sam, Interstellar Overdrive, and Chapter 24 are the most outstanding songs on this album. I love everything about this album and there is nothing I hate except the Pow R. Toc H. song. If this CD were stolen or lost I would immediatly buy it again.