The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Jul 31, 1967
Pink Floyd: The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn

This albums music alomst entirely written by Syd Barrett, really shows his talent. In "Flaming" you can feel his presence this whole album has excellent guitar work by Syd especially in Astronomy Domine, Lucifer Sam, Interstellar Overdrive, and Flaming. Also the bass work by Roger Waters is as always un beatable with his slides and riffs that flow perfectly with Rick Wrights Farfisa Organ masterpeices in nearly every song. And of course the solid and firm rhythm and beats by Nick Mason. Pink Floyd would be nothing without any of these and I beleive never captured this psychedelic obscuro album. Syd will be missed forever.

Syd sings most of it and sings them spot on perfect. No one can singl ike him he truly has one of the best psychedelic or any other genres vocal structure. Lyrics: ensuciant. The words are absolutely all psychedleic poems with the art of the rhyming really in mind. Syd rhymes at least a hundred times in each song! The lyrics could not go with any other music or band. Pink Floyd in my opinion is the ultimate psychedelic band! No other band comes close and will ever come close.

I recomend this to any psychedelic loves. If you are just hearing about The Floyd, then definetly start with this album. It's truly phenominal. It's my favourite record ever made no ones record will ever be the same or compared to it. Definetly if I lost it or it was stolen (I couldn't blame the one who stole it it's that good) I would totally buy it again and again. The best songs on the album are Take Up Thy Stethoscope And Walk, Interstellar Overdrive, Bike, Scarecrow, Flaming. I loved everything about this album. I give it a one billion out of a one billion.