The Wall review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Nov 30, 1979
Pink Floyd: The Wall

This two disc psychadellic masterpiece shook the world with the rebellious ideas put forward. From rebellious, aggressive at times eerie lyrics to some mindblowing solos; this album has it all. This album was the first of its kind and Pink Floyd soon became a rage all over the world. The all time classics Another brick in the Wall, Comfortably Numb and Hey You, are all featured in this album. A really strange and psychadellic atmosphere is created when listening to this album.

This has to be the definition of The Wall - rebellious, hostile, violent, yet strange and misty. With some of the best lyrics I've ever heard in tracks like Comfortably Numb. The classic teenager's anthem "We don't need no education." Can anyone forget those words. From the late '70s right uptill now, this album has perhaps the most influential lyrics. As far as the lead vocalist, lead guitarist and lyricist David Gilmour is concerned, I think he pulled off something that was quite unexpected. Simply awesome!

It is the best Floyd album, though I do advise you to listen to Wish You Were Here too. But whatever one may say, no one can takeaway the fact that Comfortably Numb has perhaps the best solo ever. This album is immortal. If you ask me, I'd say Pink Floyd = The Wall and other works.