The Wall review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Nov 30, 1979
Pink Floyd: The Wall

The sound quality of this album is so phenomenal that it is hard to describe. The mindblowing psychedelic sounds of Pink Floyd are what got them famous as music for mellowing out. While David Gilmour may not be the craziest guitarist, he had a way of transforming a single note with a bend thrown in really reach you, note: "Comfortably Numb" solo. The Wall is not the best Floyd recording but is probably the second famous one ("Dark Side Of The Moon" being the most famous). The Wall is a great album for a fan of Pink Floyd, if you have good judgement you would buy this album and listen to it quite often.

The whole album is a story of a crazy rockstar's downward spiral. This is not ust expressed through just lyrics, but also through sound effects in the songs. A movie was made about the album, based on the album, which I also recommend. The lyrics are quite fine in this album, Rush will always be my favorite band at writing stories in the music, but Pink Floyd is great as well.

I believe this album could be a single disc album, there's a lot of unnessecary filler that made it a double disc. The overall impression of the album is great and I would rush to buy a new copy if mine was broken or stolen.

Mr. Lighthead
    Modernmusich8er
    this album is far from the greatest album ever, but it is certainly phenomenal.
    metal_matt6
    when i got this cd i played it all the time it made u relax and just trip out on songs like mother or comfortable numb
    tcr_viper
    Modernmusich8er wrote: Mr. Lighthead wrote: When I first heard this album it blew my mind. This is no doubt THE greatest album I have ever heard. No other album I've heard has been that emotional and unique and still sounded AMAZING. I could listen to this time after time after time.this album is far from the greatest album ever, but it is certainly phenomenal.
    What is then? lol, The WAll is NOT my favourite and I'm a true Floyd fan! The Wall is not my 2nd favourite I'd rank it 4th on my list...