Wish You Were Here review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Sep 12, 1975
Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here

This was the first ever Floyd album I listened to, and has to be the album I'd take to a deserted album. It just oozes that Pink Floyd aura I know and love. The music, I would define, as Psychedelic: the synthesiser effects is Shine On You Crazy Diamond and Welcome To The Machine add to the over all marvel of this album.

The lyrics, like a lot of Floyd's post-Barret albums, are about Syd, the original frontman of Pink Floyd. Remember when you were young? You Shone like the sun? Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Syd Barret; the Crazy Diamond. This gets fairly repetative in your CD collection, the refrences to Syd, so although the lyrics are inspiring to say the least.

My favurite song from the album is Wish You Were Here. It is the first song I got guitar tabs for and is still my favurite song to play. I realy love the way that when I listen, I just immediatly switch off, relaxe. I love to listen to Floyd when doing essays or papers and this just gives me the insiration to do this.

judas927
    Yeah beautifal and amazing. All of these songs changed my life. My favorite song has to be Welcome to the Machine, I love this song its just so weird and cool and i love the synthesizer solos, i mean that feeling when u hear this song its like aww man thats just soo good. This is my favorite Pink Floyd album.
    MoshMaster101
    justinp93 wrote: if this album were a girl, id ask her out.
    I'm afraid I'd already have married it. Bloody brilliant album, one of my all-time favourites, and thats saying something.