Wish You Were Here review by Pink Floyd

• Released: Sep 12, 1975
Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here

I try not to be one of those people who think they really like something, so they just give it perfect 10s, but in this case, I think this album deserves it. This is not me being superficial. From the light celestial sound of Shine On, to the dark, creepy voice of Welcome to the Machine, to the phsycadelic rock of Have a Cigar, this album truly shines. Gilmours solos never fail to impress, and the keyboard synthesizer is used in perfect, awesomeness. Did I mention Wish You Were Here? One of the best albums of all time.

As usual, the lyrics are pure genius. I can't get enough of it. Wish You Were Here was produced as a trubute to the fallen founder of Pink Floyd, Roger "Syd" Berret. The 9 part, 25 minute Shine On is a song produced in memory of Syd, who recently passed away. The lyrics of Welcome to the Machine and Have a Cigar delve into the evils of the record industry. Wish You Were Here is the best song in the world.

If you are a current Pink Floyd fan you will love this, and if you aren't, then this is the one to start with. It is definately my favorite allbum of all time, even over Dark Side and The Wall. I would pay for this album again, even if it hasn't been lost or stolen. It's perfect.