Wish You Were Here [DVD] Review

artist: Pink Floyd date: 06/27/2006 category: compact discs
Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here [DVD]
Release Date: March 21, 2006
Wish You Were Here was released in September 1975 as the follow up to Dark Side Of The Moon -- a pretty hard act to follow, but in many respects this amazing new album outshone its illustrious predecessor. This is the long awaited critical review of the album featuring rare live performances by Pink Floyd alongside rare archive interviews with the band.
 Content: 5
 Production Quality: 4
 4.3
 7.7
review (1) 14 comments vote for this album:
Wish You Were Here [DVD] Reviewed by: tobiasosir, on june 27, 2006

Sound: This is another 'making of' DVD from the Rock Milestones series. It is a bare bones production, so there isn't much to say about the sound. It's a documentary with occasional clips of music that somehow don't even sound correct. I wouldn't bother playing this on anything other than stereo; there would be no point. // 4

Overall Impression: I was largely unimpressed by this DVD. It was interesting to watch, and I would reccomend it to those who are die-hard Floyd fans (you might learn something you didn't know before) but it probably won't stand up to repeated viewings. The production value and presentation of the disc is poor at best, and the clips from the songs on the album are short. I'm definately glad I saw this, as it added to my knowledge and appreciation of the band, but anything I took away from this could have been learned on the internet or by reading a biography of the band. // 4

Comments