Teenage Graffiti review by Pink Spiders

• Released: Aug 1, 2006
Pink Spiders: Teenage Graffiti

The Pink Spiders' sound was a refreshing breath of fresh air in the crowded sea of pop-punk/emo clones out there today. They have a poppy upbeat sound that makes listeners want to dance while still maintaining there gritty rock style. They have some old pop-rock influences show through (including the Beatles-esque Adalae) and they have some definite modern rock/pop-punk infulences in there as well. As far as sound goes "Soft Smoke" would have to be the outstanding track on the album giving off a loud, energetic vibe from the very first riff. Other stand outs include "Pretend That It's Fiction" and "Modern Swinger".

Lyrically the Pink Spiders are fitting of their name sticky sweet but not too serious. They keep the mood upbeat and Matt Friction's scratchy vocals fit well with the music. "Hey Jane" is a stand out lyrically because it's the only serious song on the album and it's powerful and heartfelt. "Modern Swinger" and "Soft Smoke" have fast-paced, upbeat, danceable, and incredibly catchy choruses and are alway fun to listen to.

The Pink Spiders made a great impression on me due to their originality and just plain fun music. Everytime I play the album I can't help but tap my foot. Stand outs for me are "Soft Smoke", "Modern Swinger", and "Pretend That It's Fiction", whereas "Saturday Night Riot" and "Still Three Shy" were low points although the album overall was a wonderful listen and I could listen to it many times over. If this album were stolen or lost I would rush to the store to buy another copy. In fact, I should buy another copy just in case.

PAsistem
    Sveta wrote: I just get the feeling that the "guys" band wearing all pink clothes looks gay, but yea, interesting to hear them
    nuh uh. if youre a guy, wearing pink doesnt mean youre gay. it means youre secure. trust me, they'll get more pussy then you ever will.
    evangc
    The guitars are simple, as they are supposed to be in punk
    let me just say this ---WHAAAAAT!!! since when does the guitar bieng simple make music punk to me it just sounds like they suck and punk does not have to be simple P.S. since when are these guys punk
    ticklemeemo
    Their music is nice, the leads are fairly decent, but I can't stand his voice. He just sounds so... out of tune.