Once More With Feeling: Singles 1996-2004 review by Placebo

• Released: Nov 30, 2004
Placebo: Once More With Feeling: Singles 1996-2004

I've always loved Placebo. I love the way they mix punk with techno and alternative pop. They're melancholic and serious, as well as great musicians. Their sond is always different and they introduced a genre of music, the alternative punk. This is why they are so important in the world of music.

The lyrics of Brian Molko are always brilliant and provocative. He speaks with a lot of metaphors and he's very sarcastic. Here's my one by one song review: 01. 36 Degrees - this is one of the first songs by Placebo that became popular. A classic. 18/20. 02. Teenage Angst - second single they released and a must-have for anyone that loves meaningful lyrics. 20/20. 03. Nancy Boy - well this is the reason why some people just hate Placebo: the lyrics! In this song the lyrics are really provocative, but I love it. 17/20. 04. Bruise Pristine - this is the only song that I don't like that much in the album. It's a little annoying. 14/20. 05. Pure Morning - I really love this song and the video is also great. They really know how to say what they mean. 20/20. 06. You Don't Care About Us - this song is, in some ways, commercial. The chorus is very catchy and the riffs are well done. 18/20. 07. Every You Every Me - I've always loved this song! It's really catchy since the first time you hear it and the lyrics are also brilliant. 20/20. 08. Without You I'm Nothing (featuring David Bowie) - I have to admit that I don't like David Bowie, but in this song he does an awesome job. Brian Molko wrote a wonderful duet with Mr. Bowie and the lyrics are also great. 19/20. 09. Taste In Man - this is one of the most popular songs by Placebo, and there's a reason for that: Placebo knows the formula to make awesome songs that keep you singing all along. 17/20. 10. Slave To The Wage - this song has great melodies and is very catchy. The lyrics are impressive and agressive. 18/20. 11. Special K - at first I have to say that this song is not commercial and did a great success, what is fantastic! This time Placebo used a special effects in the video, what made it just perfect (like the song)! 20/20. 12. Black-Eyed - this is not a popular song, but I'm very happy they put it on the album. It just rochs! The lyrics are meaningful and brilliant. 20/20. 13. The Bitter End - this is not their best song, but it's not bad. The only problem is that the lyrics don't mean much. Despite of everything, it's an amazing song. 17/20. 14. This Picture - I identify myself with this song in everyay because when I was in love with a girl and heard this song in MTV, I started to understand that I didn't love her, but just her face and body. Awesome song! 20/20. 15. Special Needs - this is one of the latest hits from the band and it is the main reason why I bought the album, just like Special K. Amazing music and lyrics. Depressive and meaningful! 20/20. 16. English Summer Rain - this song is the one that you can call Techno because the original version is just like a remix (if you already know the song, you know what I'm talking about). The lyrics are also depressive, but great. 17/20. 17. Protige Moi - I don't really like the Frech language, but this song is not bad. The chorus and the back vocals are amazing. The lyrics are about not falling in templations and they are the thing I most like in Protge Moi. 18/20. 18. I Do - this is one not a hit, but I still love it. 18/20. 19. Twenty Years - well this is one of the best songs that I heard in years! The lyrics are a piece of art, as well as the music. 20/20.

In conclusion: I love Placebo and I'll always do because they are one of the best bands in the world of music. They show something that has never been seen before! The bass, the guitar, the drums and the voice are just awesome! The lyrics and the sound are very well mixed and you can notice that they are really a talented band! The best songs in the album are: Special K, Special Needs, Twenty Years and Teenage Angst. If it were stolen I'd kick the thief's ass 'till it was blue and grey! If you find it, don't hesitate to buy it and you won't be disappointed!