Once More With Feeling: Singles 1996-2004 review by Placebo

• Released: Nov 30, 2004
Placebo: Once More With Feeling: Singles 1996-2004

It's placebo and what you see in was you get, I find it hard to label them under a percific rock type e.g. alternitve, indie, heavy metal there just Placebo really and thats what really separates them as one of the best bands around to date. Everyone of the Placebo albums I bought were fantastic and like the rest 'Once More With Feeling' provides that same jagged edge which startled me to begin with.

Placebo's writing talents and lyrics are cleary evident to be great, they mean something. They make you feel it songs such as Taste In Men and Nancy Boy prove this. Brian Molko has a very different approach to other band front men his immence talent is sang behind a trashy rock/pop voice mixed with the band inavitive sound though this is a cocktail of brilliance.

Placebo really don't compare to any other rock band around there sound, there style and there songs are one step ahead. I belive due to the way Brian Molko has been percived in the media 'A Boring Drama Queen' that Placebo's music has unfortunatley been unable to reach the lengths that it could of done. If I was to describe placebo it would be extremly difficult but there are one band that seem so different but are strikingly similar to them, and that is nirvana who provide the same qualities and strangley enough biran and kurt are alike in a way (in a music sence that is). I love Placebo and I urge enyone into soft, heavy, acoustic or even pop music just to go out and buy this album. Brian Molko is the most underated musician of the decade.