Without You I'm Nothing review by Placebo

• Released: Nov 3, 1998
Placebo: Without You I'm Nothing

I first heard of Placebo from Flip's "Sorry" video. "Every Me Every You" immediately grabbed me. This CD has a lot of variety on it, from heavier songs like "Scared of Girls" and "Without You I'm Nothing" to softer songs such as "Burger Queen" and "My Sweet Prince". Some of the songs didn't appeal to me, but the album as a whole grew on me.

Brian Molko is one of my favorite songwriters. His voice, along with his powerful and catchy lyrics make an excellent combination. "Every Me Every You" is one of the best lyrical songs I've ever heard. "Like the naked leads the blind I know I'm selfish, I'm unkind Sucker love, I always find Someone to bruise and leave behind All alone in space and time There's nothing here, but what here's mine Something borrowed, something blue Every me and every you" Allergic has great lyrics as well: "Any means in your horizon, Heaven, and a tourniquet The afterlife, to keep your eyes On bitter pill, you take today" Burger Queen has excellent lyrics too: "Slightly bemused by the total rejection Came to this world by Ceasarean section Dreams of a place with a better selection Dreams of a face that is pure in perfection" Excellent lyrics.

Definitely worth buying. One of Placebo's best albums, in my opinion. The songs that stand out the most are "Pure Morning", "Without You I'm Nothing", "Every Me Every You", "Burger Queen", as well as others. I love Brian's voice, and the songwriting is excellent.