All That We Needed review by Plain White T's

• Released: Jan 25, 2005
Plain White T's: All That We Needed

This band is overall amazing! It's just good pop-rock with catchy heartfelt lyrics. Add some awesome bass lines in there, beautiful vocals and harmonies, cool guitar solos, great drum beats. This is the bands 2nd album and on this album they sound more like Jimmy Eat World and The Strokes.

The lyrics are meaningful and honest. The lead singer Tom Higgenson was in a car accident in 1999 and ever since then, he has written some truly deep lyrics and has looked at life from a different perspective. Some topics include backstabbing ex-girlfriends, suicide, being in love, being ignored by your parents, long distance relationships, and just being lazy. Stuff that anyone can relate to.

Like I said they sound a lot like Jimmy Eat World through the vocals and guitars, but they have bass lines as good as Green Day. Some of my favorite songs on this album include, "Breakdown," "Lazy Day Afternoon," "Hey There, Delilah," "Last Call" and the first single "Take Me Away." If this album was stolen from me, I'd definately buy it again, that's how great this album is. And their live shows are just as amazing. These guys really don't get enough credit, they're nice guys with hot dance moves who like to throw pancakes into the audience. Check 'em out!

fret13
    Hey there Delilah is really good and i saw these guys live on the fusion tour and they put on one heck of a show
    Jorgo LP Custom
    man i only found out about these guys last year and i have already bought all of their albums and this one would have to be my faveourite. "take me away", "last call", "breakdown" and Lazy day afternoon" are probably my favourite songs from this album and i kno this whole album on guitar; THATS HOW GOOD IT IS.