Poison'd! review by Poison

• Released: Jun 5, 2007
Poison: Poison'd!

Poison's latest release is a breath of fresh air in a somewhat stagnant music scene. With MTV being dominated by rap and indie it is nice to here something new from a band who just release fun songs. That is exactly what this CD shows. This is an album of covers that all sound great. The studio production is superb and everything sound clean.

Well this being a album of covers I can't really criticize Brett Michaels on the lyrics but the only song on here with somewhat bad lyrics is their cover of justin timberlakes sexyback. The lyrics of the individual songs do a good job of fitting with the instrumentation of the songs on the album. Brett Michaels does an extremely good job singing all the songs and on some of the tracks his vocals are better than the originals. Good examples of this are the tracks: Rock and Roll all Night and Sexy Back.

This can be compared to Poison's albums from the eighties in some ways and can't in other ways. The energy from the band is expressed on this record like all their releases in the eighties but can't be compared on the basis of originality and creativity because it is a cover album. Some of the most impressive songs on the album are Suffragette City, What I like about you and Rock And Roll All Night. I don't hate any of it except for the lyrics to sexy back. Everything is else is great. My overall impression is that this is a band who after more than 20 years still enjoys performing and touring and can still release great albums. If it was lost or stolen I would go out and buy another copy straight away.