The Best Of Poison: 20 Years Of Rock review by Poison

• Released: Apr 4, 2006
Poison: The Best Of Poison: 20 Years Of Rock

This to me by far is the best Greatest Hits Album I have ever heard. The sound quality is very good. It has a very old school rock tone and a sick distorted guitar. C.C. is a great guitar player. On most songs such as Talk Dirty to Me, Unskinny Bop, and Nothin But a Good Time there is a bouncy, thick, throbbing bass. The drum beats are simple yet awesome. My impression of the sound is an '80s glam metal band with a very '50s style rock tone. This is a glam style metal group from the sunset strip music scene. It probably would be classified by most as pop-metal, but I just call it amazing.

The lyrics are either abut parting and fun (Nothin But A Good Time, Talk Dirty To Me, Look What The Cat Dragged In, Unskinny Bop, And Your Mama Don't Dance) girls, (I Want Action) or heartache (I Won't Forget You, Every Rose Has It's Thorn). I think the lyrics are alright but they pretty much all describe the same thing, women, booze, and parting. I'm not saying I don't like those things but in songs I normally like when bands have a message or something to really say, you know.

This album compares with bands like Motley Crue, Warrant, Ratt, and Skid Row. This isn't as hard metal as Motley Crue or Ratt but it is the same style music. The Most impressive song for me anyway is there new song released which is called Were an American Band. I really love the new feel of poison. I love the wired and energetic guitar intros and solos. If this were lost or stolen from me I'd be pissed but for sure I'd buy another one. Overall this album rocks and I strongly encourage you to go out and get it!

Phungus
    xvictimofadownx
    Phungus wrote: I love Every Rose Has Its Thorn.....=) Bret And C.C togheter makes this band one of the best heavy metal band in the world xD
    theyre not heavy metal, theyre hair metal...and maybe they were heavy in the 80s, but they were still part of glam rock/hair metal, not heavy metal