Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings review by Police

• Released: Sep 28, 1993
Police: Message In A Box: The Complete Recordings

As this is a compillation of every Police song ever recorded, ever, the sound is pretty much identical to that of The Police albums and singles. But unless you have all the singles and all the albums (which is highly unlikely) then you have to listen to this. Though the sound quallity isn't as up-to-date as you would like it to be, don't let this put you off. Every song (except maybe the odd few) is a great listen and worth taking the time to listen to.

Marvelous. Every time Sting and The Police write a peice of music, they write perfect lyrics to go with it. You can easilly distinguish Sting's lyrics (that he writes) from those of Andy or Stewart. Each member of the band write lyrics in a different way which attracts you in a different sort of way. Since they do this, there is bound to be something for everyone.

This collection is every Police fan's dream. Within these four discs lie every single Police song ever recorded (Even B-sides). No-one who consider them-selves a 'Master Of Music' could possibly be what they say they are untill they have heard every track in this box. There is a total of 78 tracks on all four discs (21 on disc one, 21 on disc two, 18 on disc three and 18 on disc four). Three songs that people must listen to that arn't hits are: 'Truth Hits Everybody' (because it should have been a hit), 'Freinds' (because its genuinly funny) and 'It's Allright For You' (because it's just cool). This compilation also includes a small auto-biography of The Police that fits into the middle of the 'book'. This mini fact-file answers most of the questions that Police fans constantly ask. It also includes a discography (Which misses out 'The Very Best Of Sting and The Police', 'Every Breath You Take: The Classics' and 'Policia: A Tribute to The Police' as these were produced after Message In A Box was released in 1993). I have noticed, however, that this 'album' misses two songs off it, 'Don't Stand So Close To Me [Live]' (The B-side to 'Don't Stand So Close To Me 86') and 'Light Changes' (A song that appears to have only been recorded/performed on the video; 'Police Around The World'). It pains me to say that, these box-sets seem to be extremely rare as I've only ever seen one and that was in HMV (strangely enough) so if you find this in a music store or at a car boot, buy it, it worth the money, trust me.

Sgt. Pepper
    I'd buy this if I didn't have the album seperatley, it also misses out 'De Do Do Do De Da Da Da 86' IT's a shame that 'Regatta de Blanc is spaced over two Cds, but the rarties like 'Fall Out' make up for that.