Synchronicity Concert [DVD] review by Police

• Released: Nov 8, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 7
Police: Synchronicity Concert [DVD]

Magnificent. The epic, 'Every Breath You Take' seems to sounds even better live than it did on the album or the single. The sound of The Police seemed to get to get better and better as time went on. The bands rock and in some cases 'White Reggae' (One World) suits the scene as well as it ever could have. I have watched this DVD over and over and I never seem to get bored of it.

Content — 10
All their hits are here, including 'Message In A Bottle' and 'Every Breath You Take'. This concert also shows many songs from the 'Synchronicity' album, such as 'Walking In Your Footsteps' and the brilliant 'King Of Pain'. This DVD version of a classic concert has some special features, unseen before on the VHS version. They include: multi angle tracks, concert trailer, interveiw in Melbourne, Australia, minature replica tour program (this may only be in the special collectors edition). Here is the track list for an epic performance: 01. Intro 02. Synchronicity 1 03. Walking In Your Footsteps 04. Message In A Bottle 05. Walking On The Moon 06. Wrapped Around Your Finger 07. Hole In My Life 08. King Of Pain 09. One World (not three) 10. Tea In The Sahara 11. O My God 12. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da 13. Every Breath You Take 14. Can't Stand Losing You 15. Spirits In The Material World 16. So Lonely 17. Credits Now here is the multi angle tracks: 01. Synchronicity II 02. Roxanne 03. Invisible Sun 04. Don't Stand So Close To Me In this remarkably enjoyable performance, there is a total of 19 songs (minus intro and credits), most of which are hits. There are only (roughly) 5 songs that arn't. The interveiw is very interesting for any Police fan, as it shows Sting, Andy and Stewart in there more laid back life style and, in some cases, showing there oppinion on there own songs (Stewart on 'De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da').

Production Quality — 7
Though the quality is good, the cameras do tend to get a bit blury at times, non-the-less, it doesn't spoil their magnificent performance. The quality increases, however, in 'Every Breath You Take' as the screen is turned black and white and the stage is filled with a thick layer of smoke, up to the bands' ancles. Camera and production quality could have been better, but, for me, its still great to watch (and listen to).

The Police are one of my favourite bands of all time, and this DVD came up to the standard that I expected it to. The Synchronicity album was a massive hit, both in America, in the UK and almost everywhere else. With this performance, The Police have lived up to their not so distant name of 'One of the greatest british bands ever'. I hope that 'The Police Live' will be re-released on DVD as these guys are masters on the stage.

belavista man
    Sting does lead vocals, Andy and Stewart do backing plus they have two women on hand to help with backing too (one of which sings on 'Bring On The Night')
    Sgt. Pepper
    I've got the DVd now: Sting sings lead, Andy sings now and again (although his mic is mixed so low on the DVd you can barley hear him). Stewart sings on "So Lonley" but you can't really hear him.) It's three woman by the way. I think it was a lot bettewr during the Zenyatta/Reggatta tours when it was the Police and only the Police on stage. By the way Belavista Man, where's Bring on the Night? Are you menaing the 'Ghost in the Machine' DVD?
    belavista man
    I was actually thinking of Sting's Bring On The Night DVD when i mentioned 2 women and not 3. I only thought that because one (or two) of the three women from Synchronicity sings on Bring On The Night, sorry! By the way, i'd like to see the Ghost In The Machine DVD, do you know where I can get it from?
    edgarvanburen
    i guess janis pendarvis was the backing vocalist appearing on both bring on and synchronicity or maybe Dollette McDonald im not quite sure
    Sgt. Pepper
    belavista man
    Sgt. Pepper wrote: I'm not entirley certain where you'd find that DVD, you can get VHS versions on Amazon last time I look (a couple of years ago), there's also a couple of tracks on Youtube but tbh, it's not the best concert, there's much better bootlegs out there, most of them avalible through Youtube.
    I agree. I've found a fair few Police bootlegs that are good. And the "Live!" album is great. I prefered The Police before all the keyboards, backing singers and brass sections got involved.
    wattiebuchan196
    The DVD is horrendous. The filming shows close-ups of the musicians' faces, audience, backing singers etc most of the time instead of the actual playing of the instruments. Guitar sound is mostly buried in the mix !! Avoid at all costs and get any of the german TV recordings from '79-'80 and the Hatfield Polytechnics instead; they're all superb and show the band at its punkiest-sounding era.with better pic and sound.