Seven Churches review by Possessed

Possessed: Seven Churches

This was the first studio album of the death metal band Possessed. The style of music in this album would be death/thrash metal. Each song on this album is fast and agressive. The solos are awesome especially the solos in the song Evil Warriors. If you like the album Dark Angel: Darkness Descends or Slayer: Haunting The Chapel or anything either by Death, Venom or Morbid, 95% chance you'll propely like this album.

We'll seeing that Possessed is a death metal band I figured the vocals were gonna be like the vocals in such bands as Cannible Corpse or Napalm Death but Jeff Beccera's vocals kinda reminds me of Corono's vocals in the black metal band Venom or Max Cavalera's vocals in the thrash metal band Sepultura only a little less deep. The lyrics fit perfectly with the music. The lyrics mostly have to do with death.

This album is propely one of the best death metal albums of all time. I think Possessed are just as good as Dark Angel, Exodus, Kreator, Venom or Mercyful Fate. The most impressives songs on this album would be Seven Churches, Evil Warriors and Death Metal. I don't hate anything about this album. I like the album art to this album. If this album were lost I would propely just have misplaced it and I'll propely find it.

bizzarroman
    If this band never existed, I probably wouldn't be listening to "Death Metal" right now. A MUST HAVE.
    thrashnmosh782
    best death metal. period. i think its even better than altars of madness.....maybe.....AoM couldntve happened without it.....
    pantallica95
    Can believe theres only one review of this! Possessed is the FIRST death metal band. No question.
    sevenchurches13
    You know everyone says this is the first death metal record but I was thinking, Paul Mahoney(from Onslaught)'s vocals on Power From Hell sound just as death metally as this, and they were both released in '85, so imo they should maybe share the credit. Seven Churches however is by far the better album